The Transnational Ecosystem-Based Water Management program is jointly offered by the University of Duisburg-Essen (UDE, Essen, Germany) and the Radboud University (RU) Nijmegen in the Netherlands. At UDE, the TWM is an independent study program, while it is a track within the Master program Environmental Sciences at RU.
- TWM has been developed in cooperation with scientists, managers and policy makers in the field of water (resources) management, representing both in public and private organisations in Germany and the Netherlands. This tight collaboration with practitioners bears a strong career perspective for our graduates.
- TWM graduates will be well-educated and have good job opportunities at water authorities, water boards, consultancies, national and international NGOs. TWM provides a sound basis for an academic career too.
- Basic Water Ecology
- Applied Water Ecology
- Water Engineering
- Water Basin Management
- Sustainability and Wetlands
- Social Environmental Sciences
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Hydrology & Water Management Environmental Management View 19 other Masters in Environmental Management in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- statement of motivation for studying TWM (maximum length: two pages);
- certificates of the relevant (eligible) academic degree (copy); an English translation prepared by an officially-registered translator will be necessary in case the certificate is not in English, German or Dutch language;
- copies of all transcripts or other academic records that give proof of the undergraduate studies including credits and grades achieved in each single subject; an English translation prepared by an officially-registered translator will be necessary in case the certificate is not in English, German or Dutch language;
- two photographs;
- copy of the passport;
- copy of English language proficiency certificate(s) (see >Language skills);
- a CV (European format)
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Essen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.