European Studies is an international Master's programme offered by Heinrich Heine Universität Düsseldorf. The programme’s aim is to educate students on how the European Union works and how the EU managed to build a “working peace” in Europe after centuries of war.
As a special feature, the programme seeks to link Europe and the Middle East. There are two main reasons for this:
The Middle East needs more experts on European affairs because the EU is significantly intensifying its ties with the region in the course of the European Neighbourhood Policy.
Studying and experiencing Europe’s "working peace" could contribute to the peace process in the Middle East.
- Eu Foreign Policy
- Eu Policy-making and Democratic Legitimacy
- Political Economy of European Integration
- European Social Integration
- European History
- European Culture
- European Law
- Business and European Integration
- Social and Political Actors and Social Change in Europe
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies International Relations Political Science View 100 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
For your formal application please submit the following documents in English:
- Cover letter with contact details
- Certified copy of your high school degree
- Certified copy of your bachelor's degree
- Transcript of records
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of your passport
- Language certificate for English language (Level B2 / Common European Framework for Reference for Languages): We accept English tests covering all four academic skills (reading, listening, writing, and speaking)
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 12 months.
There are no tuition fees. There is only one intake per year.
Living costs for Düsseldorf
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.