European Studies is an international Master's programme offered by Heinrich-Heine-Universität Düsseldorf. The programme’s aim is to educate students on how the European Union works and how the EU managed to build a “working peace” in Europe after centuries of war.
As a special feature, the programme seeks to link Europe and the Middle East. There are two main reasons for this:
The Middle East needs more experts on European affairs because the EU is significantly intensifying its ties with the region in the course of the European Neighbourhood Policy.
Studying and experiencing Europe’s "working peace" could contribute to the peace process in the Middle East.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Eu Foreign Policy
- Eu Policy-making and Democratic Legitimacy
- Political Economy of European Integration
- European Social Integration
- European History
- European Culture
- European Law
- Business and European Integration
- Social and Political Actors and Social Change in Europe
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies International Relations Political Science View 45 other Masters in Political Science in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The master programme in European Studies is offered to students with a Bachelor’s degree (above average or “with distinction” in social sciences, law, economics, history or cultural studies).
- Before starting the one-year programme in European Studies applicants must have completed four years of university studies since a German master degree requires at least five years of studies. Thereby, the four years need to be the standard period of studies.
- Applicants must have successfully completed courses in the field of European Studies (above average or “with distinction”) equivalent to a one-year study programme (60 credit points according to the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System, ECTS).
- Good knowledge of English language is required (Level B2 of Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
There are no tuition fees. There is only one intake per year.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.