This change was motivated to reflect more accurately the content of the program, our program goals, and to be more inclusive of all the career options possible through our degree. This new name reflects the transitions within the profession, the new emerging workplace opportunities centered around digital transformation, data, community engagement and human centred design, and mirrors changes in similar programs across North American. The Master of Information at Dalhousie University will provide a broad umbrella under which the program can grow in multiple directions, continuing to support diverse professional communities including librarians, archivists, information managers, information architects, data managers and user design experts.
- Management Without Borders (capstone)
- Practicum (required, non-credit)
- Information in Society
- Organization of Information
- Research Methods
- Information Sources, Services & Retrieval
- Organizational Management & Strategy
- Information Management Systems
Our Information degree offered by Dalhousie University, initially as an MLS, then MLIS and now MI has been continuously accredited by the American Library Association (ALA) since 1971.
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Business Information Systems View 50 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in Canada
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree
- Degree granted by university of recognized standing
- Complete the graduate application form (online application)
- Pay $115 application fee
- An official academic transcript and degree certificate (if degree conferral not stated on Transcripts) for each post-secondary institution attended
- Two academic reference letters
International19053 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19053 CAD per year during 18 months.
National11661 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11661 CAD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Halifax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.