The Mechanical Engineering M.Sc. is divided into five study profiles, each offering a different focus.
The General Mechanical Engineering programme from University of Duisburg-Essen provides a wide-ranging education in general mechanical engineering without concentrating on any particular area.
The curriculum offers students the breadth of a traditional mechanical engineering education, with the technical part of the course comprising a set of compulsory core subjects as well as three catalogues.
- The Mechatronics profile combines classical mechanical engineering with electrical engineering and information technology.
- The interplay of mechanical, electrical and electronic system components, together with their functional and local integration into general modules, gives rise to completely new functions and manufacturing processes.
- This option offers students a thorough grounding in the methods that lay the foundation for the development and manufacture of mechatronic systems.
Accredited by ASIIN
- Combustion Science
- Production Management
- Kinematics of Robots and Mechanisms
- Control Theory
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate subject area
- with adequate length of studies and
- with an average mark of at least 2.5 issued in Germany or a foreign equivalent.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Essen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.