Areas of Study
- The Religious Studies program of the University of Colorado at Boulder offers the skills to approach the comparative study of religion with the option of gaining deeper knowledge in Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, Christianity, religions in America, religions in the Mediterranean, religions in Asia, and several indigenous traditions. We also allow students to develop expertise in thematic areas such as religion and the body; ritual studies; religion and the environment; ethics, politics, and law; religion, gender and sexuality; and ancient and medieval religions.
- The graduate degree in religious studies emphasizes the application of various theoretical and methodological approaches to the study of religion; the understanding of religious practices and traditions with attention to historical context and present-day impact; and the development of media literacy, critical thinking, effective oral and written communication, and research skills in our increasingly globalized and religiously diverse world.
- In addition, students with a degree in religious studies are expected to achieve basic religious literacy: the ability to communicate and analyze practical information regarding religious diversity as educated citizens of a pluralistic society and thereby to effectively understand and participate in public debates and discussions about religion.
- Religions in America
- Topics in Christian Studies
- God and Politics
- Is God Dead?
- Love and Desire
- Topics in Hinduism
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Liberal Arts View 602 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university, or have done work equivalent to that required for such a degree.
- Show promise of ability to pursue advanced study and research, as judged by the student’s scholastic record.
- Have adequate preparation to enter graduate study in the chosen field. Have at least a 2.75 (2.00=C) undergraduate grade point average.
- Personal Statement
- For review and decision purposes you are required to upload an unofficial copy of your transcript(s) in the application
- GRE Test Scores
- Official Test Scores on TOEFL or IELTS
- Letters of Recommendation
- Nonrefundable $80 Application Fee
International34180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34180 USD per year during 24 months.
National34180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34180 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State14708 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14708 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Boulder
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.