In this Management and Technology of Water and Waste Water programme from the University of Duisburg-Essen students will develop the skills to gain a detailed understanding of today's water industry systems, particularly in the area of management, engineering and process engineering, with the focus being on water collection, treatment and purification.
In these areas, students will be taught joined-up thinking across business administration, water management and technical issues. They will be able to understand complex water management systems and apply such systems and technologies internationally with due regard to regional and national contexts.
Alongside in-depth lectures on advanced engineering, students will also attend special lectures covering process technology, water treatment and wastewater purification, management and administration, and water management.
Graduates can expect to find good career prospects in managerial roles, particularly in the areas of water supply and wastewater disposal, or with water companies or planning and engineering consultancies. Alternatively, they may choose to pursue a doctorate in either Germany or elsewhere. Graduates can especially expect to find themselves working at the interface between process engineering, water technology and water management.
- Project planning for water treatment and wastewater purification plants from a process engineering and business viewpoint (e.g. facilities construction);
- Operation of water treatment and wastewater purification facilities from a process engineering and financial viewpoint (e.g. for water and wastewater processing companies);
- Setting up, implementation and assessment of quality management systems (e.g. for drinking water supply systems).
- Develop an awareness of advanced theory and core mechanical engineering disciplines;
- Develop advanced knowledge and skills in water treatment;
- Develop advanced knowledge and skills in wastewater treatment;
- Will be able to integrate process engineering with environmental and water management technology and will be able to pursue their preference for a commercial or academic career via their choice of electives;
- Will have an enhanced general education with advanced language skills in German or English as well as increased employability from learning team-working and communication skills, with special emphasis on management;
- Have demonstrated that they can apply scientific methods to deal independently with problems from the area of environmental and water management technology (or its use in conjunction with another area of engineering) within a specific timeframe, and be able to present the issues clearly.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Adsorption Technology
- Membrane Technology for Water Treatment
- Quality Management in Water Supply
- Waste Water Treatment
- Water - Natural Science Fundamentals
- Practical Course Water Technology
- Sustainable Water Management
- Water Treatment
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Technology Management Environmental Management View 14 other Masters in Environmental Management in Germany
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate subject area
- with adequate length of studies and
- with an average mark of at least 2.5 issued in Germany or a foreign equivalent.
- When enrolling, applicants must prove that they have knowledge of the German and English language according to the completed level B2 of the European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
All students are, however, subject to a student body and social contribution fee.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.