Students seeking the MA in Visual and Performing Arts at University of Texas at Dallas may thus elect a professional option or a research option. Students with plans for doctoral study should choose the research option.
The research option requires students to demonstrate proficiency in an approved foreign language and to complete a portfolio. Students pursuing the research option for the MA in Visual and Performing Arts may submit a creative project as part of their portfolio.
Visual and Performing Arts is an interdisciplinary program of study, so students take the majority of their coursework in Visual and Performing Arts courses, but most also take two seminars each in History/History of Ideas and Literature.
- Graduates of the program seek positions such as: artists, performers, teachers, researchers, arts administrators, arts entrepreneurs, arts writers/critics, editors, museum staff, consultants, archivists and other positions in research or professional practice.
- Career settings may include higher education, non-profits, cultural and historical organizations, publishing houses, government agencies, international development organizations, museums and archives, business/corporate entities and independent consulting.
- The Graduate Program in Humanities brings together scholars from history, philosophy, literature, creative writing, art history, film studies, and the performing arts who share a commitment to transnational and interdisciplinary approaches to humanistic study and practice.
- The MA and Ph.D. programs provide students with a flexible context in which to pursue research across a wide range of critical approaches and theoretical debates in the arts and humanities disciplines.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts General Studies & Classics View 180 other Masters in General Studies & Classics in United States
- Proof of English proficiency.
- GRE or GMAT score.
- Completed UT Dallas graduate application.
- Application fee.
- $50 non-refundable international credential evaluation fee.
- Diplomas and/or degree certificates. Upload scanned copies with certified English translations by the appropriate academic institution or government agency.
- All college/university transcripts or mark sheets.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Certified translation of non-English documents.
International22302 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11151 USD per semester during 12 months.
National22302 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11151 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State12344 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6172 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Richardson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.