Many economic, social, political, and military decisions cannot be made without statistical techniques, such as the design of experiments to gain federal approval of a newly manufactured drug.
The Master of Science in Statistics program offered by the University of Cincinnati prepares students for careers as statisticians in industry and government, as well as for entry into a Ph.D. program in Statistics or Biostatistics. This highly successful program has placed students in statistical positions with many of Cincinnati's major employers, such as the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), Medpace, A C Nielsen Bases, and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Mathematical Statistics
- Applied Statistics
- Linear Models and Multivariate Analysis
- Design and Analysis of Experiments
- Topics in Applied Statistics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Statistics View 547 other Masters in Statistics in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Cincinnati and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- An undergraduate major in Statistics is highly desirable. However, while a strong mathematical background is preferred, we welcome applications from students with any undergraduate major who have completed the prerequisite courses: multi-variable calculus; differential equations; calculus-based probability and statistics; and linear algebra.
- Graduate admissions application (online)
- Hold a baccalaureate degree (or higher) from a college or university regarded as standard by a regional or general accrediting agency, and have at least a B average in undergraduate course work
- There is a $5 surcharge for international applications.
International26644 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26644 USD per year during 24 months.
National26644 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26644 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State14902 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14902 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Cincinnati
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.