The key business skills that you will gain - project management, marketing, website design, branding and business planning – make this course the ideal platform for creative entrepreneurs to launch their own design businesses and consultancies, or for those who hope to take up senior roles in design strategy or brand management. The Design Innovation MA/MSc course at De Montfort University is designed for students with a good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite applications, such as Photoshop, Acrobat and InDesign, and will develop these technical skills to an advanced level.
You will select a specialist area of study from diverse options, ranging from retail, museum and exhibition, and product design, to interior, footwear, visual communication, and design innovation. Learn to devise creative solutions to complex issues surrounding sustainability and explore the role of design and innovation as a driver for change.
Throughout the course we will empower you to experiment boldly and support you to take risks. You will be encouraged challenge conventions and develop innovative approaches to tackling contemporary design challenges, with the cutting-edge facilities for you to refine your talents and realise your creative visions.
Many of our graduates go on to launch their own design businesses and consultancies, take up roles as creative designers, or progress on to senior roles in design strategy or brand management.
Recent graduates have landed successful roles such as:
- Senior Industrial Designer for Wistron Corporation, producing notebook PCs and other electronic equipment.
- Lingerie Garment Technologist for MAS Intimates, co-ordinating production for lingerie of major brands including Marks & Spencer, Victoria’s Secret, and La Senza
- Designer for London-based fashion brand Max C
- Designer and Production Supervisor at Fleur La Fleur fashion design
- Head of User Experience (web design) for Freestyle Interactive Ltd
- Creative Services Manager for Revlon
- Project Manager at Ideal Design, for interior design in Taiwan
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research Methods
- Creative Design Studio
- Marketing for the Creative Entrepreneur
- Creative Digital Media
- Design as a Strategic Business Tool
- Design, Innovation and Sustainability
- Action Research Laboratory
- Museum and Exhibition Design
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design Interior Design View 43 other Masters in Interior Design in United Kingdom
- You should have the equivalent or above of a 2:2 UK bachelor’s honours degree in a design subject relevant to your proposed specialism or major project area
- If you have other professional qualifications and industry experience, we will consider your application on an individual basis
- Applicants with relevant qualifications should submit a portfolio of work
- Non-standard applicants will be invited to attend an interview with a portfolio and a 2,500-word report
- Download and complete the international application form
- A copy of your qualifications
- A copy of your English language certificate
- A personal statement of at least 500 words explaining why you want to study your chosen course at DMU and any additional information that will support your application
- A copy of your passport
- Two references
International14600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14600 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8350 GBP per year during 12 months.
- EU Full-time: £14,600
- UK Part-time: £695 per 15 credits
Living costs for Leicester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.