The outstanding national and international students in the Chemical Engineering program of the University of Colorado at Boulder take advantage of the high level of faculty-student collaboration and benefit from access to three interdisciplinary research centers. Department faculty and students have won numerous awards both nationally and internationally.
General research areas within the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering include: biomaterials, biopharmaceutical engineering, catalysis, surface science and reaction engineering, complex fluids and microfluidic devices, computational science; energy and environmental applications, membranes and separations, metabolic engineering and directed evolution, nanostructured films and devices, polymer chemistry and engineering, and tissue engineering.
ChBE is one of the top research departments in the nation and maintains sophisticated facilities to support research endeavors. Although research in the department spans many diverse fields, there is a particular emphasis on research in biological engineering, functional materials, and renewable energy.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Seminar in Chemical Engineering
- Biomolecular Kinetics, Transport, and Thermodynamics
- Transport Phenomena
- Catalysis and Kinetics
- Intermediate Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics
- Chemical Reactor Engineering
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry Biochemistry View 713 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
- Hold a baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from an accredited college or university
- All applicants must submit an online Graduate Application
- Personal Statement
- Unofficial transcripts from all attended institutions of higher education
- Three letters of recommendation
- International Applicants must submit an official TOEFL or IELTS score to the University of Colorado Boulder
- There is an $80 application fee for all international applicants
International37024 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37024 USD per year during 12 months.
National37024 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37024 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State18268 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18268 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Boulder
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.