The nation faces a critical shortage of qualified personnel who possess the rigorous research skills needed to develop, plan, and evaluate social work interventions and the structure of social services. The Master of Social Work (MSW) Program prepares graduates for leadership in professional social work practice within the areas of Advanced Clinical Social Work Practice or Policy, Planning and Administration in Human Services. Doctoral programs in social work are the major resource for social work researchers and scholars. The rapid growth and development in new social work undergraduate and graduate programs throughout the country has also increased the demand for doctoral social work faculty. In recent years, there have been 400-500 doctoral faculty vacancies advertised annually in schools of social work, while the number of graduates has remained at 250-300 per year, with one hundred of those graduates seeking non-academic positions.
- Professional Social Work Practice
- Social Policy and Service Delivery in Social Work
- Foundations of Human Behavior
- Social Work Skills
- Large Group Theory
- Social Justice Seminar
- Research Methods in Social Work
- Graduate Field Practicum
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
early priority January 15, rolling admission after March 1
DisciplinesSocial Work View 364 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- Completed Graduate Studies online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or University with the applicant’s undergraduate transcript reflecting a sound liberal arts foundation, including courses in the humanities, as well as in the social and behavioral sciences.
International27090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27090 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National27090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27090 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State11252 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11252 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.