The Postgraduate Diploma in Architectural Practice at the Leicester School of Architecture – one of the oldest schools of architecture in the UK – prepares you for registration and chartership.
You will reflect on the evolution of the professional architect, relevant legislation and alternative approaches to practice and management. The course will develop your professional acumen in business organisation, management and commerce, advocacy, ethics and marketing, contracts and interpersonal skills.
The Architectural Practice Postgraduate Diploma (Part 3) Postgrad. Dip. from De Montfort University offers a flexible learning programme comprising three study units, each lasting three days, typically running from October to October. Study units cover the following topics:
- Marketing, Management and Practice, covering the skills and knowledge needed to understand the set-up, professional and economic management, and marketing of a professional architectural practice in various forms.
- Building Contracts, covering the range of common building contracts, their application and the contractual relationships between contracted parties.
- Architect and the Law, covering legislation affecting contract law, planning and development, and the wider regulations related to architecture and the building industry.
On successful completion of the Part 3 exam, you will normally qualify for registration as an architect through the ARB, and for chartered status with RIBA. You would then be able to use the title ‘Architect’ and have access to markets that ARB registration affords. Graduates have found careers in major practices such as Foster Associates, or as sole practitioners such as dm3 architecture.
- Practice, Management and Law
- Case Study
- Evaluation of Practical Experience (& PEDR)
- Practice Paper Exam and Professional Interview
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Landscape Architecture View 122 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You must have ARB/RIBA Part 1 and 2 exemption.
- You must also be in full-time work in a practice with an ARB registered architect.
- You will automatically be enrolled on the PEDR course. You are required to have at least eight PEDR sheets completed by the time you take the professional interview in November, four of which must be post-part 2.
- The qualification leads to access in the UK register with title and access to market. Please note that the qualification may have no bearing on registration in a legal jurisdiction other than the UK.
- Download and complete the international application form
- A copy of your qualifications
- A copy of your English language certificate
- A personal statement of at least 500 words explaining why you want to study your chosen course at DMU and any additional information that will support your application
- A copy of your passport
- Two references
National2165 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2165 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Leicester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.