Every organisation demands high-level management in order to run smoothly and efficiently. From strategy and policy to development and innovation, strong managers lead successful businesses, driving them forward and raising their profile, profits and reputation. Open to business, management and economics graduates, this MSc is a specialist programme that will build on your existing skills and knowledge and develop them to Masters level.
The Management - Operations Pathway programme from the University of Birmingham is structured into three components: six core foundation subjects (60 credits), one of four specialist pathways (60 credits), and a dissertation (60 credits). The MSc Management programme is assessed by individual coursework, group coursework, and examinations.Why study this course?
- Opportunity to study one of four specialist pathways; Strategy, Operations, Entrepreneurship & Innovation, and Organisational Leadership and Change. Students can also study a mixed pathway, tailoring the programme to match their exact requirements.
- Supports a variety of careers, including consulting, research & policymaking, and management positions within both in SMEs and large multinationals. Students undertaking the Entrepreneurship & Innovation pathway have the opportunity to explore starting-up their own business.
- Birmingham Business School is a global centre of teaching and research excellence, holding the ‘Triple Crown’ of international accreditations: AMBA, EQUIS and the AACSB.
- You will be taught by expert faculty in a friendly, supportive and international environment with a coursework only assessment structure for each module; 80% Individual, 20% Group Work.
Careers in Business is a dedicated service for postgraduate Business School students. We’ll help you in all aspects of your career management, from planning your job-seeking strategies, applying for jobs, preparing for interviews and assessment centres and developing your essential employability skills. At the start of your programme you will receive an email from our team, giving details of how you can access Careers in Business Online.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Issues in Management
- Environment of Business
- Research Methods
- Strategic Management
- Operations Management
- Organisational Behaviour
- Advanced Strategy
- Strategic Leadership
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Organisational Behaviour International Business View 1363 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
- A good Honours degree (2:1 or higher) or postgraduate diploma from a UK university or equivalent. The degree must be in business, management, economics, accounting, finance or a similar subject area in Business
- Students without prior study in Business might be interested in our MSc International Business
International23310 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23310 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA11970 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11970 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
- International students can often gain funding through overseas research scholarships, Commonwealth scholarships or their home government
- If you're an English-resident, or EU student, you may be eligible for a loan to study a taught or research Masters in any subject. The government-backed student loan will provide up to £10,280
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.