Opportunities to interact in a research context with select faculty are available for qualified students. Students can benefit from research programs, a renovated facility and several convenient evening academic courses. Geosciences is a long-established program at the University and traces its deep roots to the early 1960s.
The graduate program prepares students for employment in the energy and environmental sectors, geospatial technologies in industry and government or academia. The MS degree (with thesis) is typically required as preparation for entry into a doctoral program at any university.
- Graduates of the Geosciences program at University of Texas at Dallas seek positions such as: environmental scientist, petroleum geologist, development geologist, engineering geologist, exploration geophysicist, field geologist, geological consultant, geotechnician, laboratory technician and radiation safety officer.
- The Earth: An Overview
- Remote Sensing Fundamentals
- Geographic Information Systems Fundamentals
- Applied Geophysics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Geology View 280 other Masters in Geology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Proof of English proficiency.
- GRE or GMAT score.
- Completed UT Dallas graduate application.
- Application fee.
- $50 non-refundable international credential evaluation fee.
- Diplomas and/or degree certificates. Upload scanned copies with certified English translations by the appropriate academic institution or government agency.
- All college/university transcripts or mark sheets.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Certified translation of non-English documents.
International42024 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21012 USD per semester during 12 months.
National42024 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21012 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State20836 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10418 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Richardson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.