Key features of the English Language Teaching MA at De Montfort University
- Boost your employability by gaining a theoretical awareness of issues and trends in English Language teaching, combined with the skills to teach English Language at the highest level.
- Our teaching team has a wide range of experience teaching in both the UK and abroad, as well as research expertise, ensuring that current trends inform the curriculum.
- Our graduates go on to successful careers as tutors, heads of study and university lecturers, both in the UK and overseas.
- Opportunities to gain practical skills include classroom observation, teaching asylum seekers and teaching abroad, with recent visits to Thailand and India.
- Join a community that fosters independent learners and encourages ongoing self-improvement through critical reflection on personal teaching practice. Students who demonstrate a high degree of teaching competence have the opportunity to be employed by the Centre for English Language Learning at DMU.
- Our graduates progress on to exciting careers teaching English across the world, such as at universities in Japan and Turkey, a primary school in China, and a language school in Germany.
- Through presenting your own work, analysing and incorporating students’ needs in teaching and problem solving, you will enhance and develop your repertoire of transferrable skills and increase your employability in a range of careers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Teaching of Receptive and Productive Skills
- Trends and Issues in Communicative Classroom
- Research Methods
- Dissertation or Work-based Project
- Assessing English Language: Context and Construct
- English for Specific Purposes and Course Design
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Teaching View 570 other Masters in Language Studies in United Kingdom
- You should have the equivalent or above of a 2:2 UK bachelor’s honours degree in a relevant subject such as English or Education
- We encourage and welcome applications from applicants with a wide range of backgrounds and perspectives
- Non-standard applicants will be invited to attend an interview
- Download and complete the international application form
- A copy of your qualifications
- A copy of your English language certificate
- A personal statement of at least 500 words explaining why you want to study your chosen course at DMU and any additional information that will support your application
- A copy of your passport
- Two references
International14600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14600 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8350 GBP per year during 12 months.
- EU Full-time: £14,600
- UK Part-time: £695 per 15 credits
Living costs for Leicester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.