The Pharmaceutical Biotechnology MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert programme from De Montfort University is driven by societal strategic priorities and fully aligns with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Areas of expertise include Pharmaceutical Technologies and Nanomedicine, Pharmacology and Neuroscience and Infectious Disease research.
Benefit from major investment in state of-the-art laboratories and specialist equipment to match that used in the best industrial laboratories. This includes FACS analysis, confocal microscope, electron microscope, mass spectrometer, fermentation units and tissue culture suites.
Globally, pharmaceutical biotechnology courses are rare and no other course offers such a broad scope where, as well as theory, you’ll be able to develop your skills with a key focus on practical content, studying pre-clinical studies, clinic and marketing that will help prepare you for a diverse career in either industry or academia.
This course has been designed to give you a competitive advantage in gaining employment in any biopharmaceutical field in the world. This includes large global biopharmaceutical companies, small-to-medium biotechnology companies, academic institutions or research institutions allied to human health.
- Biopharmaceuticals and Molecular Toxicology
- Microbial Fermentation/ Downstream Processing, Drug Development
- Gene Cloning, Expression and Analysis
- Business Creation & Innovation
- Research Methods
- Research Dissertation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- PgCert: 60 credits
- PgDip: 120 credits
- MSc: 180 credits
DisciplinesPharmacy Biotechnology Biochemistry View 213 other Masters in Biochemistry in United Kingdom
- An honours degree (2:2 minimum) in a relevant subject such as in a bioscience or science including pharmacy, biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, chemical engineering, chemistry, microbiology or molecular biology (or equivalent)
- Alternatively, a portfolio of professional and/or academic qualifications of equivalent standing to an honours degree
- Download and complete the international application form
- A copy of your qualifications
- A copy of your English language certificate
- A personal statement of at least 500 words explaining why you want to study your chosen course at DMU and any additional information that will support your application
- A copy of your passport
- Two references
International16800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16800 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Leicester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.