The Automation and Control Engineering course from the University of Duisburg-Essen aims particularly to:
- Develop the ability to deal with complex theoretical areas;
- Develop the ability to solve complex automation tasks that require demanding model building, simulation and regulation methods.
The Master's course allows you to build on the ability, developed during the Bachelor's course, to grasp the interrelationship of complex technical systems, only this time at a higher level, and allows you to focus further on specific areas.
Graduates will therefore have the choice of a wide range of engineering careers encompassing: design; planning and project administration in the automation of process control technology; manufacturing; energy; buildings; traffic; and vehicle and aircraft automation. There is also a focus on solving especially complex or demanding problems.
Graduates of the Master's course can therefore expect to work in:
- Project management;
- Managerial roles with responsibility for staff.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Modelling and Simulation of Dynamic Systems
- Numerical Mathematics
- Real-Time Systems
- State and Parameter Estimation
- Distributed Systems
- Nonlinear Control Systems
- Robust Control
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Automotive Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 73 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate subject area
- with adequate length of studies and
- with an average mark of at least 2.5 issued in Germany or a foreign equivalent.
- When enrolling, applicants must prove that they have knowledge of the German and English language according to the completed level B2 of the European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
All students are, however, subject to a student body and social contribution fee.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.