At Geological Sciences from University of Missouri - Columbia the dynamic faculty, along with their students, are making significant contributions to numerous areas of basic and applied research. This research is supported by excellent, state-of-the-art analytical facilities in the department and on campus.
Our graduate program prepares students for a wide range of professions within the geological sciences; students have been placed in private, federal, state, and academic institutions. Prospective students are encouraged to contact any faculty member directly for additional information.
- Geology of Missouri
- Structural Geology
- Sedimentology and Stratigraphy with Lab
- Groundwater Hydrology
- Engineering Geology
- Groundwater Modeling
- Solar System Science
- Economic Geology with Laboratory
- Environmental Soil Chemistry
- Patterns and Processes in the Fossil Record
- Organic Geochemistry
- Plate Tectonics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- January 28 for guaranteed consideration for departmental financial aid
DisciplinesGeography Geology Natural Sciences View 333 other Masters in Geography in United States
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- 3 letters of recommendation (submitted through the Graduate School online application)
- Personal statement (uploaded into Graduate School online application)
- GRE scores (optional)
- Resume (optional, but recommended)
- Proof of Financial Support
- Have earned a U.S. bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution.
International23140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23140 USD per year during 12 months.
National23140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23140 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12809 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12809 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Columbia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.