The Master in Water Science and Engineering at IHE Delft Institute for Water Education aims to deepen the knowledge, insight and skills for hydraulic engineering (part of civil engineering), hydroinformatics (a technology discipline) and hydrology (an earth system science). Graduates are able to work in professional water sector environments that require academic skills.
The specializations within this programme explore natural and anthropological influences on the water cycle, from the perspectives of civil engineering, technology and earth sciences.
They are of direct relevance to sustainable development because they prepare graduates to:
- improve the management of human impact on water resources
- design simulation models for various phases of the water cycle
- develop methods of reducing the impact of water-related natural hazards.
NVAO Accredited Programme
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Hydroinformatics - Modelling and Information Systems for Water Management
- Land and Water Development for Food Security
- Hydrology and Water Resources
- Hydraulic Engineering and River Basin Development
- Coastal Engineering and Port Development
- Flood Risk Management
- Groundwater and Global Change - Impacts and Adaptation
- Sustainable Urban Water Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Fully structured
- Continuous support with feedback on request, Proactive tutoring and support
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Civil Engineering & Construction Hydrology & Water Management View 7 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor degree in a related field
- English language requirements for all of IHE Delft's educational programmes
- Strong motivation to successfully complete the programme
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15052 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22578 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
EU/EEA15052 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22578 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
Living costs for Delft
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.