The Design with Digital Media program attracts a diverse group of talented, intellectually engaged graduate students for interdisciplinary and trans-disciplinary exploration in the digital arts. The curriculum enables students to investigate innovative approaches to contemporary theory and practice, and fosters both individual inquiry and high-level collaboration. The primary objective of the program is to prepare creative critical thinkers to become leaders in their fields.
Structured to promote thought and work that crosses traditional lines between disciplines, the digital media curriculum challenges students to consider non-standard approaches to the computer as a creative and expressive medium. Study of technology, art and design is balanced with inquiry grounded in conceptual, critical, social, cultural and historical considerations.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Design computing and cognition
- Design process using digital media and creativity research
- Virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) technologies for design visualization
- Advanced visualization technologies for environment-behavior simulation
- Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Building Simulation
- Human-computer interaction aspects of digital tools for design
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesArchitecture Graphic Design View 79 other Masters in Graphic Design in United States
- Statement of graduate goals and educational objectives discussing: which of the department’s emphasis areas is of interest; intentions regarding the M.A., M.S.; and request for a specific advisor (upload to the Graduate Studies online application).
- 3 letters of recommendation (excluding MU Architectural Studies faculty). Can be submitted through the Graduate Studies online application.
- Portfolio (Required for applicants with background in design)
International27090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27090 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National27090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27090 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State11252 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11252 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.