Current issues in architectural debate are studied through deep foundations in historical and philosophical thought, contemporary states of urban inhabitation, challenges to a sustainable ecology, the ramifications of modern technology, legal and economic contexts, and the state of the profession.
Our design studios are delivered through advanced, research-by-design led units and offer a range of specialist pathways for you to develop an independent and critical position on architecture. Studio options range from high-density housing to sustainable futures, and advanced material investigations. We encourage an open-ended spirit of enquiry to advance knowledge through rigorous, exploratory and playful processes. Our experience and knowledge, combined with your personal ambition, will enable us to challenge existing conventions and redefine the future of architectural practice together.
- The Architecture MArch programme offered at De Montfort University offers exemption from ARB/RIBA Part II examinations, and enables graduates holding ARB/RIBA part I, to progress to licensure examinations and professional registration as an architect in the UK. Recent graduates have secured employment with architect practices such as Foster + Partners, Make Architects, Heatherwick Studio, SOM and Grimshaw Architects.
- Full-time graduates from the MArch programme, with a minimum of six months ’professional experience prior to entry, gain exemption from Lembaga Arkitek Malaysia Part II, allowing progression to professional registration examinations and potential employment in Malaysia.
- Thematic Design Studio
- Contextual Design Studio
- Humanities Specialisation
- Management Practice and Law
- Technical Studies and Design Research
- Thesis or Comprehensive Design Project
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Landscape Architecture View 122 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in United Kingdom
- You should have the equivalent of a 2:2 or above in architecture from an ARB/RIBA Part 1 accredited course or exemption from it.
- We will consider applications without Part 1 who have undertaken non-UK or non-validated architecture degrees.
- Applicants are expected to have completed post-undergraduate professional work experience. Applicants with a lower second-class degree (2:2) will be expected to have completed a minimum of nine months professional experience.
- Should applicants have difficulty in finding professional architectural experience, we will consider evidence of initiative in finding alternative experience through work in associated fields.
- Applicants with relevant qualifications will be invited to submit a digital portfolio of work
- International application form
- A copy of your qualifications
- A copy of your English language certificate
- A personal statement of at least 500 words
- A copy of your passport
- Two references
International14750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14750 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Leicester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.