During the Survey Statistics programme of University of Trier students can get insights into actual statistical research through the Research Institute for Official and Survey Statistics (RIFOSS) located at Trier University.
As the need for evidence-based policies, and consequently for sound complex data analyses, rises, the need for well-trained applied statisticians increases as well. Through its structure, the master programme ensures that students are not only trained in statistics but also get insights into subject matters like economics, social sciences, etc., creating a multidisciplinary environment. Graduates are thus able to fine-tune their profile to their desired future line of work. This ability is further enhanced by a collaboration with the University of Bamberg and Freie Universität Berlin that ensures a broad spectrum of lectures from which students may choose.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Survey Sampling
- Elements of statistics and econometrics
- Statistical Programming and Computer-intensive Methods
- Monte-Carlo simulation methods
- Weighting and calibration
- Variance Estimation
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Proof a Bachelor's degree (acquisition of 180 ECTS from a domestic or foreign university)
- with a final grade of 2.0 or better in mathematics/statistics-oriented study of mathematics, business mathematics, statistics or quantitative methods
- with a grade of 2.0 or better in business administration or sociology and 24 ECTS in the field of mathematics, statistics or quantitative methods with at least 24 ECTS
- with a final grade of 2.0 or better in a similar program and at least 30 ECTS in the field of mathematics, statistics or quantitative methods
Grades between 2.0 and 2.5 a letter of motivation must be submitted as well
A good command of the English language and good R programming skills are required
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
No tuition fee
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.