The Geography MA program offered at San Francisco State University ensures all students have a grounding in both physical and human geography and offers opportunities for specialization in physical geography, natural resource management, environmental studies, regional geography, and techniques.
Graduates find challenging and interesting careers in environmental and planning agencies at the state and local level, environmental consulting and cartographic firms, and nonprofit organizations, as well as in community college teaching. Growing demand for students trained in GIS and environmental science makes geography and environmental science students with appropriate skills highly marketable.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Field Methods in Human Geography
- Field Methods in Physical Geography
- Geographical Analysis
- Scope and Method in Geography
- Seminar in Physical Geography
- Human and Social Geography
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Geology Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 158 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in United States
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution, or shall have completed equivalent academic preparation as determined by the appropriate campus authority;
- Be in good academic standing at the last college or university attended;
- Have a 3.0 GPA in their earned undergraduate degree or the last 60-semester (90-quarter) units completed, or have earned a post-baccalaureate degree; and
- Meet the professional, personal, scholastic, and other standards for graduate study, including qualifying examinations, as appropriate campus authorities may prescribe. In unusual circumstances, a campus may make exceptions to these criteria.
- English language proficiency.
International8918 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8918 USD per year during 12 months.
National8918 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8918 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for San Francisco
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.