The Economics - European Political Economy programme of University of Trier include:
- identification of the institutional features of the EU and its Member States,
- analysis of the agents involved in European economic policy-making,
- assessment of the design and results of governmental interventions at the European and Member State level,
- examination of the interrelation between European and national as well as European and international economic and trade policy.
A degree in Economics with a specialization in European Political Economy offers job perspectives in a large number of national and international public institutions, such as the German Central Bank or the European Commission.
Furthermore, there is an increasing demand for qualified economists in private institutions, parties, foundations, and associations. Companies in commerce, finance, and manufacturing with an international focus also have a strong demand for skilled economists.
The master's degree also provides an excellent foundation for subsequent doctoral studies and an academic career at a university or research institution.
- Econometric Methods
- Advanced Microeconomics
- Advanced Macroeconomics
- Economic Policy-Making
- Global Governance
- East Asian Political Economy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Political Science View 87 other Masters in Economics in Germany
Students who hold a Bachelor's Degree in Economics with a grade of 2.5 or better are admitted into the Master's Program. If the grade is between 2.6 and 2.7, the Examination Board will decide on the admission.
Students who hold a
- Bachelor's Degree from the University of Trier in either Business Administration, Social Sciences, Information Systems or Business Mathematics
- Bachelor's Degree from the University of Trier with Economics as a Minor or
- Bachlor's Degree that is equivalent to the degrees listed above and with at least 60 credit points in Economics
are admitted if the grade is 2.2 or better.
No tuition fee
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.