Prospective water management students who compile a study profile from a wide range of available courses and variety of thesis research topics to ensure that the educational programme is fully aligned with their professional needs.
The Master Water Management and Governance at IHE Delft Institute for Water Education aims to develop knowledge, insight and skills required to design, implement and evaluate water management policies and strategies to achieve effective governance of water resources.
Once you have successfully completed this programme, you will be able to:
- describe the rational for an integrated and interdisciplinary approach for managing the water system;
- identify and critically assess the different functions of the water resources system and the – often competing – interests of the various water users;
- design, apply and evaluate models for institutional arrangements with emphasis on institutional reforms, policy development and good governance;
- conduct, independently or in a multidisciplinary team, research.
- The eventual learning objectives depend on the thematic study profile, in which you can enroll during the course of the programme.
NVAO Accredited Programme
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The programme starts with introductory modules about Water Resources Management and Water Governance. During this foundation phase the students will, under guidance of a coach, identify their personal learning goals, based on their professional background and career ambitions.
Based on these goals, the students will select modules after the foundation phase that fit with their educational needs as part of their tailor-made track.
The tailor-made track modules help to either broaden or deepen the student’s understanding of specific management and governance issues, to strengthen interpersonal and research skills, and to learn how to apply the necessary tools relevant for water management and governance.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Fully structured
- Continuous support with feedback on request, Proactive tutoring and support
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Sustainable Development Natural Resource Management View 4 other Masters in Natural Resource Management in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor degree in a related field
- English language requirements for all of IHE Delft's educational programmes
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15052 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22578 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
EU/EEA15052 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22578 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
Living costs for Delft
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.