You will be in an attractive academic environment and in the immediate vicinity of all levels of government and administration in practice. The National and International Administration and Policy MA course at the University of Potsdam also allows you to study political and administrative science topics from the perspective of various disciplines.
During your studies you will engage with core topics in political and administrative science research from an international and comparative perspective. The focus is on basic and on specialized theory as well as on empirical projects in the areas of administration, public policy, management, and governance that use qualitative and quantitative methods.
You will build and expand your knowledge about modes of governance, of public administration, structures and development of political systems in the 21st century, and the role of civil society interest groups in a national and international or supranational context; you will also gain deeper insight into the underlying legal frameworks. Furthermore, by selecting a specialization, you will set your own focus, for example on questions of modernization of state and administration, crisis management, European Union expansion, or the regulation of financial markets. In addition, you will expand your expertise in research methods and practice.
Career OpportunitiesBesides universities or research institutions, future employment can include administration, parties and other social interest groups, non-governmental organizations, or the media. The international orientation of the program qualifies you especially to work in a supra- or international environment.
- National and Comparative Public Administration
- Government, Governance and Organization
- Public Policy
- Political Science
- Public Management and Electronic Government
- Law and Administration
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Public Policy Political Science View 52 other Masters in Political Science in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Generally, a prerequisite for admission to the Master's program is having the first professional academic degree, e.g. a Bachelor's degree. Your first degree should be in a subject relevant to the Master's program, e.g. in the political, administrative or social sciences. During your studies you should have acquired knowledge in the core areas of political / administrative science as well as in social science methodology.
- Because this is an English-language program, you are also expected to have very good proficiency in the English language (at least level C1) according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
€316 semester fee
Living costs for Potsdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.