Physics offered by the University of Ulm can then be considered the basis for all natural sciences and the bearing structure of any modern technological development. This is well reflected in our master programme in Physics which prepares graduates for careers in research and teaching at the university level or research in industrial laboratories.
What is this course about?
Students enrolling in the two year Master's programs will broaden their previous background in general physics and will be supported in carrying on their first independent research project in one of our exciting specialization areas such as biophysics and soft matter, condensed matter and nanoscience, econophysics, quantum information and quantum technologies. Students have so the opportunity to experience forefront scientific research in an academic international environment.
Graduates from the Master degree program in Physics:
- have a deep knowledge of methods and techniques relevant to the chosen specialization area of physics
- are ready to work in a cutting-edge international research environment
- have learned to plan, set up and conduct a research project
- know how to model a physical system both numerically and analitically
- have developed key skills such as the ability to work in a team and communication skills.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Gene Expression
- Molecular Motors
- Cellular Biophysics
- Seminar HOW Physics brings Light into Biology
- Seminar Hearing and Seeing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Application deadline for study programmes with unrestricted admission: 31 October
- Application period for study programmes with restricted admission: 20 August
- Application deadline for Master's programmes with locally restricted admission: 15 or 31 July
DisciplinesPhysics View 59 other Masters in Physics in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application
- Fully completed and signed application form (the one already required for the pre-application).
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement of objectives
- Two letters of reference
- Photocopies of all official certificates and transcripts
- Photocopies of English or German translations of all official certificates and transcripts
- Passport photo
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1500 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.