In at Binghamton University's Master of Science (MS) program in Community Health Nursing, students select the functional role of nurse educator or nurse practitioner. Dual roles are also available for additional credit.
Internships, research opportunities and more
Decker College's Innovative Simulation and Practice Center, accredited by the Society for Simulation in Healthcare, provides advanced-practice graduate nursing students with regularly scheduled clinical activities to assess and manage common healthcare disorders through the use of standardized patients. Decker's Kresge Center for Nursing Research provides PhD students with opportunities for hands-on learning during all phases of the research process under the supervision of nursing scientists.
After You Graduate
Decker boasts high employment rates for our graduates, with many alumni taking positions in healthcare agencies such as Albany Medical Center, Lenox Hill Hospital, Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital/Ascension, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Mount Sinai Hospital, Stony Brook University Hospital, SUNY Upstate Medical University, United Health Services (UHS) and University of Rochester Medical Center. Recent DNP graduates have continued at government and educational institutions.
- Concepts in Health Assessment for Nurses in Advanced Clinical Practice
- Advanced Pathophysiology Across the Lifespan
- Nursing and Community Healthcare Delivery Systems
- Elements of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Advanced Research Methods and Quantitative Analyses
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Community Development View 783 other Masters in Nursing in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Binghamton University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Online graduate degree application with graduate degree application fee
- Transcripts from each college or university you have attended
- A 500-word personal statement that addresses why you are seeking advanced education in general and specifically at Binghamton University
- Letters of recommendation (2 for MS applicants; 3 for DNP applicants) from individuals who can comment authoritatively on your academic achievements and/or work or internship experience related to your program.
- Résumé or curriculum vitae
- Nursing licensure
- GRE scores are not required
- A 3.0 GPA over your entire undergraduate career
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23100 USD per year during 24 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23100 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11310 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Binghamton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.