In Decker's Master of Science (MS) in Adult - Gerontological Nursing program, students select one of three functional roles to pursue: clinical nurse specialist (adult-gerontology specialty only), nurse educator or nurse practitioner. Dual roles are also available for additional credit.
Internships, research opportunities and more
Decker College's Innovative Simulation and Practice Center, accredited by the Society for Simulation in Healthcare, provides advanced-practice graduate nursing students with regularly scheduled clinical activities to assess and manage common healthcare disorders through the use of standardized patients. Decker's Kresge Center for Nursing Research provides PhD students with opportunities for hands-on learning during all phases of the research process under the supervision of nursing scientists.
After You Graduate from Binghamton University
Decker boasts high employment rates for our graduates, with many alumni taking positions in healthcare agencies such as Albany Medical Center, Lenox Hill Hospital, Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital/Ascension, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Mount Sinai Hospital, Stony Brook University Hospital, SUNY Upstate Medical University, United Health Services (UHS) and University of Rochester Medical Center. Recent DNP graduates have continued at government and educational institutions.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Concepts in Health Assessment
- Nurses in Advanced Clinical Practice
- Advanced Pathophysiology Across the Lifespan
- Nursing and Community Healthcare Delivery Systems
- Elements of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Advanced Research Methods and Quantitative Analyses
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 775 other Masters in Nursing in United States
To be eligible for graduate study, you must:
- Provide a complete set of your undergraduate (and, if applicable, graduate) transcripts showing one of the following:
- You have earned a bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) from a nationally or regionally accredited college or university
- You are within one academic year of earning a bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent) from a nationally or regionally accredited college or university
- You are eligible to apply as part of a memorandum of understanding between your current institution and Binghamton University
- Online application
- Personal statement
- Résumé or curriculum vitae (CV)
- Letters of recommendation
- Official GRE or GMAT scores, unless otherwise specified by program
- Any program-specific application materials, such as writing or work samples, licenses or certifications, and test scores
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23100 USD per year during 24 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23100 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11310 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Binghamton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.