In this Sexology course from Curtin University, you will study a variety of counselling models and therapeutic tools as they relate to various areas of sexology, including common sexual issues, difficulties and dysfunctions and their treatments in the context of various populations.
Additionally, you will review your attitudes and values in a sex-positive environment and learn how to effectively undertake your own research and analyse your findings. Ethics in sexology are also highly prioritised.
You will undertake a supervised placement where you will be able to apply what you have learned in a professional setting. Upon graduation you should be able to integrate this specialisation into your professional discipline, and be conversant in the key aspects of sexology as a public health issue.
It is possible to exit this course with a Graduate Diploma in Sexology once you have completed certain units.
- Integrate knowledge of the biological, psychological and social aspects of human sexuality into your professional discipline.
- This course maintains excellent professional affiliations. They attract local, interstate and international students, ensuring greater networking opportunities beyond Perth and Australia.
Our graduates have established careers in many fields, including:
- Sex therapy, education, consultancy and research
- Child and elder protection
- Sexual health policy development
- Human rights
- Cyber-safety training
- Health promotion
- Youth work
- Medical and risk management
- Forensic assessment.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Sexology Attitudes and Values
- Sexual and Reproductive Health in Sexology
- Foundations of Sexology
- Global Public Health Challenges
- Sexological Education
- Culture and Contemporary Sexology
- Epidemiology and Evidence
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 282 other Masters in Health Sciences in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 074567D
- Applicants for a Master Degree (Coursework) are required to meet University academic and English language entry standards; details are provided at http://futurestudents.curtin.edu.au. Subject to the duration of the course applicants usually require a Bachelor Degree or equivalent (and may require relevant work experience), Bachelor Honours Degree, Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma. Any specific course entry and completion requirements must also be met.
International37400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 37400 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National22800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22800 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.