The Master Programme in Pharmaceutical Modelling at Uppsala University will provide you with theoretical and practical knowledge of the use of advanced modelling techniques in the various disciplines of drug discovery, development and usage. A special focus is placed on the practical application of modelling techniques, and on the communication of modelling results outside and within the discipline.
You will gain competences and skills needed for a career in modelling in the pharmaceutical industry, biotech companies, in government agencies or for further PhD studies.
Uppsala University has an excellent international reputation, and a Master's degree in Pharmaceutical Modelling from Uppsala University will provide you with an internationally recognised qualification that opens doors to both academic research and a career in the pharmaceutical industry, both in Sweden and internationally.
Rapid developments in the fields of drug discovery, development and usage, with increasing amounts of data and increasing costs is leading to the implementation of diverse modelling approaches to analyse complex datasets, optimise workflows, and understand the complex and dynamic effects of pharmaceutical drugs.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Drug Discovery and Development
- Programming in Python and R for Biosciences
- Preclinical and Clinical Data Analysis in Predictive Drug Discovery/Development
- Pharmaceutical Bioinformatics
- Computational Medicinal Chemistry
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Pharmacy View 12 other Masters in Human Medicine in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree, equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen, from an internationally recognised university. Also required is 90 credits in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, or a similar field of study.
- All applicants need to verify English language proficiency that corresponds to English studies at upper secondary (high school) level in Sweden ("English 6").
- Students are selected based on: a total appraisal of quantity and quality of previous university studies; and a statement of purpose (1 page).
International13813 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27627 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Tuition fee, first semester: SEK 72,500
- Tuition fee, total: SEK 290,000
Living costs for Uppsala
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.