This new multidisciplinary course at Curtin University is designed for those seeking to develop their skills and knowledge in public health. Whether you already work in public health or want to move into this field, our course can prepare you for contemporary public health practice that addresses traditional and emerging issues that threaten to negatively impact communities and the environment.
You will gain thorough grounding in the major areas of public health with content scaffolded across the course to enhance your learning. In the second year you will have the opportunity to carry out research with an academic supervisor or enhance your practice and leadership skills.
Course content is aligned to the competencies from the Council of Academic Public Health Institutions Australasia, exploring:
- Health monitoring and surveillance
- Disease prevention and control
- Health promotion
- Health protection
- Health policy, planning and management
- Evidence-informed professional population health practice.
The Master of Public Health students come from a variety of fields, including medicine and allied health, biomedical and laboratory-based sciences, nutrition, occupational and environmental health, health promotion, social sciences, education, communications, business and management.
- Learn to measure public health and explore major problems in both developed and developing countries.
- These courses will teach you how to effectively plan, implement and evaluate public health programs in a variety of settings.
As a graduate, you may work in a number of fields, including health administration, protection or promotion. You may work in the public sector or with nongovernment organisations, such as the Heart Foundation, Cancer Council and Red Cross; or with research institutes, universities and international bodies, such as the World Health Organization.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Epidemiology and Evidence
- Global Public Health Challenges
- Health Promotion Strategies and Methods
- Organisation of Health Care Systems
- Quantitative Methods
- Politics and Power in Public Health
- Public Health Protection and Control
- Qualitative Research in Public Health
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health View 205 other Masters in Public Health in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 064462G
- A bachelor degree from a tertiary institution preferably in health, education, behavioural sciences, social sciences or management.
International37400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 37400 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National22800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22800 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.