The Creative Music Therapy program at Western Sydney University includes study of the history and professional development of music therapy, the various methodologies and theoretical constructs behind clinical work being carried out in more than 40 countries. The focus is on a deep, formal understanding of clinical and human issues that confront clinicians working in the community, as well as ethical and professional responsibilities.
Learn how to use music therapeutically through improvising, composing and arranging, to meet the needs of individuals and groups, as you develop your deep awareness and understanding of music. Take a 'hands on' approach with work in external music therapy placements with people at all stages of life, from early childhood settings, palliative care and rehabilitation environments. All under the professional supervision of Registered Music Therapists.
As a graduate in creative music therapy, you can look forward to career opportunities in:
- Rehabilitation centres
- Nursing homes
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Music Therapy Skills
- Music Therapy Method
- Music Therapy Theory and Practice
- Creative Music Therapy Practicum
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPsychology Music View 100 other Masters in Psychology in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All international students must have a good command of written and spoken English.
- If English is not your first language or was not the medium of instruction in your secondary or tertiary studies, you are required to demonstrate your proficiency in the English language by achieving a prescribed level in an approved English examination or test before you can receive a full offer of a place.
International21420 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21420 AUD per year during 24 months.
National28400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28400 AUD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.