The Industrial Economics program from TU Berlin addresses you, especially if you are a young graduate (normally holding a bachelor degree). Also, as an academically trained young professional returning to the university you can acquire theoretical and methodological knowledge and expertise regarding network industries at MINE and thus qualify for new professional challenges. The MINE program places emphasis on theoretical training (e. g., industrial organization, contract theory, regulation theory), on quantitative, experimental and empirical research as well as on applied economic analysis from a policy perspective. Furthermore, legal modules (e. g. competition law, regulation law, public procurement law) are offered as well as techno-economic components with respect to specific sectors (e.g. transportation, energy, telecommunication). In addition to the compulsory courses, a number of electives are available with a wide range of courses offered. These options aim to give the opportunity to focus on either theoretical or applied courses.
All in all the program prepares participants for e.g. the following career opportunities:
- Taking part in a Ph.D. Program in Berlin (DIW Berlin, BDPEMS)
- Academic careers in universities and research institutes
- Employment in private or public enterprises, such as utilities, consultancies, and banks, or in areas like regulation or strategic management
- Careers in administration (e. g. regulatory authorities, Federal and State ministriesand the European Commission
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Microeconomics
- Competition Policy: Theory and Practice
- Network and Infrastructure Regulation
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
The degree must be a major in one of the following fields:
- Economics or a comparable field of studies (assessment of the academic record is undertaken by the assessment committee)
Applicants whose mother tongue is not English must provide proof of their proficiency at C1 level. In this case TU Berlin will require an attest of English language proficiency at C1 level. Therefore, please enclose a language certificate with your application.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.