This Laboratory Animal Science master program at the RWTH Aachen University is FELASA accredited and graduates will receive the FELASA certificate LAS specialist (including EU functions A, B & D).
In the Master of Laboratory Animal Science program, the knowledge acquired in Bachelor's program is specialised and deepened in scientific, laboratory animal science aspects. The graduates have a detailed knowledge of animal experiments based on the latest scientific findings in laboratory animal science. This includes all areas of planning, carrying out, evaluating and improving animal experiments in compliance with the latest legal regulations and ethical criteria as well as animal-friendly husbandry, care and care of the animals.
The graduates are qualified to deal with complex experimental methods and interdisciplinary questions and, in particular, to carry out independent scientific work. Through the integrated application-oriented practical and multimedia study parts (skill training), the graduates are prepared for a comprehensive professional qualification in the field of laboratory animal science, the application of highly specialized research methods and animal experimental techniques.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The standard study period incl. completion of the Master thesis is four semesters (two study years). The course can only be started in the winter semester.
- The course is modular in structure. The individual modules address the teaching and development of a specific subject area and its corresponding competencies. Assessment of performance is conducted using examinations or other evaluation tools. The study program comprises 10 modules incl. the master thesis module.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
DisciplinesBiomedicine Chemistry Animal Sciences
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- an initial degree in human or veterinary medicine or from the biological sciences
- a minimum of one year’s work experience in a relevant field
- English language skills
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.