The MSAA program is ideally suited for those who wish to pursue positions including academic advising, admissions and enrollment management, career development and placement, financial aid, health services, judicial affairs, leadership development, multicultural affairs, non-traditional and commuter student services, residential life, services for students with disabilities, student activities, and student development and involvement.
The Master of Science in Student Affairs Administration degree program is suited for those who wish to pursue careers in higher education. The program is grounded in both student development theory and the concept of theory-to-practice-to-theory. Thus, an underlying goal of the program is to prepare professionals who have working knowledge of how student development theory is used in practice and how practice serves to inform future theory development.
The program seeks prepare administrative leaders and personnel who are comfortable working with people of diverse backgrounds in positions that require decision-makers to respond to department/unit situations while taking into consideration how their decisions impact other systems (such as departments and/or divisions) within the institution.The program was designed to meet the American College Personnel Association (ACPA) Professional Preparation Commission Standards and is offered through full-time and part-time tracks.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Introduction to Student Personnel Services
- College Student Development: Theory, Research, and Practice
- Culture of the American College Student
- Organization and Administration of Higher Education
- Law in Higher Education
- Research Methods in Higher Education
- Qualitative Research Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEducation View 3538 other Masters in Education in United States
General requirementsAll applicants must submit:
- Online application
- Personal statement
- Résumé or curriculum vitae (CV)
- Letters of recommendation
- Official GRE or GMAT scores, unless otherwise specified by program
- Any program-specific application materials, such as writing or work samples, licenses or certifications, and test scores
- International Student Financial Statement (ISFS) form
- Supporting financial documentation
- Proof of English proficiency (including TOEFL, IELTS and PTE Academic scores)
International24755 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24755 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National24755 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24755 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State13195 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13195 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.