The Kinesiology MSc program offered at San Francisco State University helps students gain theoretical and practical knowledge related to the biological, physical, behavioral, sociocultural, philosophical, and psychological factors underlying human movement and physical activity.
Students in the M.S. Kinesiology program apply multiple perspectives to problems related to exercise, fitness, motor skill and development in the contexts of activities of daily living, play, games, sport, and other forms of human physical activity. Graduates exit the program with strong theoretical and problem-solving skills, experience in the evaluation of current research in the field, and knowledge in the field of kinesiology. They are able to apply these skills in a wide variety of careers as well as further graduate study. The curriculum allows for an emphasis in exercise physiology, movement science, or physical activity with social scientific perspectives.
Graduates from our program can gain immediate entry into a number of physical activity, exercise, and human movement related jobs or can seek advanced study leading to careers in: teaching, adapted physical education, coaching, athletic training, physical therapy, occupational therapy, exercise leadership, fitness program management, sports media, consulting, community-based program development, cardiac rehabilitation, biomechanical analysis of movement, ergonomics, sports-related endeavors, research in movement and skill development and learning, research in exercise physiology, research in sociocultural and psychological factors associated with sports, physical activity, and/or urban youth development, or careers in technical writing or computer technology.
- Research in Kinesiology
- Research Designs and Analysis
- Seminar in Kinesiology
- Advanced Exercise Metabolism
- Exercise and Cardiovascular Dynamics
- Clinical Exercise Physiology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 183 other Masters in Physiotherapy in United States
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution, or shall have completed equivalent academic preparation as determined by the appropriate campus authority;
- Be in good academic standing at the last college or university attended;
- Have a 3.0 GPA in their earned undergraduate degree or the last 60-semester (90-quarter) units completed, or have earned a post-baccalaureate degree; and
- Meet the professional, personal, scholastic, and other standards for graduate study, including qualifying examinations, as appropriate campus authorities may prescribe. In unusual circumstances, a campus may make exceptions to these criteria.
- English language proficiency (international students)
International8918 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8918 USD per year during 12 months.
National8918 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8918 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for San Francisco
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.