The Kinesiology program at University of New Brunswick has topics that range from exploring the processes underlying human movement to investigating volunteerism at national events, and assessing human factors and ergonomics in industry.
UNB leads the province in health and wellness research through collaboration with groups such as The Stan Cassidy Centre for Rehabilitation, Horizon Health, various sport and recreation agencies and governmental departments. Our Community Outreach Programs provide opportunities for inter-disciplinary and collaborative research. We generally have about 50-60 students who have use of the Andrew & Marjorie McCain Human Performance Lab, McCain HPL Instrumentation Room, Cardiometabolic Exercise & Lifestyle Laboratory, Health, Exercise and Sport Psychology Lab, Occupational Performance Laboratory, Motor Control Lab/Musculoskeletal Health Lab, and the Centre for Recreation and Sport in Society.
- Health and Rehabilitation
- Clinical and Occupational Biomechanics
- Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Pediatric Exercise Science
- Healthy Aging
- Advanced Motor Control and Learning
- Biomechanical Instrumentation and Data Acquisition
- Biomechanical Modeling and Analysis
- Research Methods in Kinesiology
- Matlab and 3D Math
- Sport & Recreation Management Seminar
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
March 1 for funding consideration
March 31 MBA.SRM
May 1st for MSESS (Barbados)
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Sports Sciences View 37 other Masters in Sports Sciences in Canada
- Masters applicants must have a minimum GPA 3.0 (B average).
- Applicants to the MSc Kinesiology and MA Sport and Recreation Management degree programs are to provide a detailed statement of research goals and interests, and must include the names of the fulltime faculty members who closely match your area of interest.
- Three references are required (at least two academic), with a complete application for admission to the School of Graduate studies.
- Applicants to the MBA Sport and Recreation Management program must also score 550 on GMAT
- Applicants to the MSESS (Barbados) program are to submit a complete application.
- If applicable, a minimum TOEFL 92/120 (Internet based), or a minimum IELTS score of 7/9.
International1435 CAD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1435 CAD per module during 12 months.
National874 CAD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 874 CAD per module during 12 months.
For research based degrees:
- 2,371 CAD per term (national)
- 4.245 CAD per term (international)
Living costs for Fredericton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.