This Human Rights course from Curtin University suits those who want to enter the field of human rights or add a human rights perspective to their profession; and to those working in the field who wish to enhance their knowledge in a particular area of human rights practice or advocacy.
Using both theoretical and practical learning methods, you’ll examine modern human-rights institutions and explore the philosophical and political development of beliefs about human rights that underpin current systems. You’ll consider how social movements, grass-roots campaigns, and government and non-government organisations have contributed to human rights practices and activism.
The courses examine the subject from multidisciplinary, multicultural and multireligious perspectives to ensure you develop a globalised understanding.
Students who complete the master degree to a high standard can apply for doctoral-level studies.
The future of human rights
The world is becoming increasingly complex where the interests of multinationals, organisations and communities intersect.
Curtin’s postgraduate human rights courses emphasise the importance of human dignity and environmental protection. Our students learn the concepts and skills required to enable them to understand how accountability, justice, fairness, inclusion and human dignity can be realised.
- International relations
- Human resources
- Global health
- United Nations organisations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Rights Theory and Philosophy
- Community Education and Consciousness Raising
- Human Rights and Development
- Human Rights History Across Cultures and Religions
- Human Rights Instruments and Institutions
- Human Rights Activism, Advocacy and Change
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesLegal Studies Political Science View 47 other Masters in Legal Studies in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 061485B
- To apply for a course at Curtin University, you will need to provide certified copies of your previous qualifications and English proficiency documents. Additional documentation may be required for particular courses or personal circumstances.
Certified copies of all your previous qualifications
- Academic transcripts
- Grading system descriptions
- Award certificates
International29600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29600 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.