This Human Rights course from Curtin University is suited to human rights workers, those who want to work in the human rights field, professionals who wish to apply human rights principles to their practice, development workers, non-government organisation workers, activists, teachers, mediation and conflict workers, and community workers.
You will study the theory and philosophy of human rights across different cultural, religious, philosophical and political traditions, and how these ideas are translated into practice in the contemporary world. This course is suitable for those working both in Australia and internationally. It provides an opportunity to discuss human rights and develop your ideas and skills in human rights practice with people from different cultural backgrounds, professions and disciplines.
The future of human rights
The world is becoming increasingly complex where the interests of multinationals, organisations and communities intersect.
Curtin’s postgraduate human rights courses emphasise the importance of human dignity and environmental protection. Our students learn the concepts and skills required to enable them to understand how accountability, justice, fairness, inclusion and human dignity can be realised.
- International relations
- Human resources
- Global health
- United Nations organisations
More informationVisit official programme website
- Human Rights Theory and Philosophy
- Community Education and Consciousness Raising
- Human Rights and Development
- Human Rights History Across Cultures and Religions
- Human Rights Instruments and Institutions
- Human Rights Activism, Advocacy and Change
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesLegal Studies Political Science View 35 other Masters in Political Science in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 061485B
- To apply for a course at Curtin University, you will need to provide certified copies of your previous qualifications and English proficiency documents. Additional documentation may be required for particular courses or personal circumstances.
Certified copies of all your previous qualifications
- Academic transcripts
- Grading system descriptions
- Award certificates
International29000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29000 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National18000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18000 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.