Geologists study how the Earth works, including processes that have a major impact on our current and future wellbeing, such as the formation of geological resources, natural hazards, climate change and the movements of contaminants and pollutants through soil and rock.
Geologists locate and advise on the extraction of minerals, petroleum and groundwater. They are also involved in detecting and monitoring natural disasters such as earthquakes, landslides and floods.
From the field to the lab, the knowledge you will gain in this course will help you drive advancements in areas such as petroleum or mineral exploration.
- We offer the most comprehensive range of postgraduate geology courses in Australia
- You can choose to specialise in fundamental or applied aspects of geoscience, or combine both, depending on your needs
- Many of our courses address the specific requirements of the minerals, petroleum and groundwater industries
- The practical approach of our courses, combined with their direct industry involvement, provide our graduates with a competitive edge in the employment market.
This Geology course from Curtin University can open up a wide range of geoscience career opportunities depending on your choice of units.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Mineral Exploration and Mining Geology
- Basin Analysis and Petroleum Geology
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesGeology View 13 other Masters in Geology in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 084800F
- You must have at least a three-year bachelor of science degree in geology or a closely related discipline from a recognised institution, or have completed a graduate diploma in this field of study.
International37900 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 37900 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National27200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27200 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.