- an understanding of the basis of computer science and its importance in software development;
- an understanding of the underlying principles of computer systems and their applications;
- an introduction to industrial-style methods of analysis, design, implementation, testing and documentation in software development;
- an appreciation of the current state and future directions of technological advances in computer science.
This programme aims to provide a sufficiently comprehensive and practical foundation to enable you to start a new career in IT, or to stand out from the crowd and enhance your employment opportunities within your existing field.
It will also provide the required background in computer science to enable you to undertake further study, leading to the specialisation needed for a research career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Programming in C
- Overview of Computer Architecture
- Software Engineering and Group Project
- Object Oriented Programming with Java
- Research Skills
- Web Technologies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 704 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An upper second-class honours degree (or international equivalent) in any subject other than computer science or a computer science related subject (this includes Information Technology). Competence in mathematics must be demonstrated, with at least a B grade in GCSE Mathematics or equivalent university-level experience.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26900 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National15600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15600 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.