This Food Science and Technology courses from Curtin University extends the learning of the graduate diploma to incorporate an independent research project under the guidance of an experienced supervisor. To ensure you are ready to undertake this project you will be introduced to health research methods and learn to measure, interpret and describe the data effectively.
It is ideal for those wishing to increase their professional status or to diversify their career opportunities.
What you'll learn
- Apply and integrate the principles and practices of food sciences and technology to the production, preservation and distribution of safe and healthy food
- Apply logical and rational processes to critically analyse issues relevant to food; use appropriate technologies effectively, recognising their advantages and limitations; think creatively to generate innovative solutions
- Access, critically evaluate and synthesise information from a wide range of resources using appropriate technologies and use oral and written communication effectively to a variety of audience groups.
- Recognise and apply international standards and practices within the discipline and engage in food related issues that occur globally
- Value cultural diversity and recognise the impact of culture on food preferences and usage
- Engage in self-directed learning and reflective practice, and exhibit professional behaviour and skills, when working independently and collaboratively.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Food Chemistry
- Advanced Food Engineering
- Applied Food Microbiology
- Food Product Development
- Food Laboratory
- Food Safety and Hygiene
- Food Commodities
- Advanced Food Processing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Food Sciences View 12 other Masters in Food Sciences in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 064466C
A bachelor degree or equivalent (and may require relevant work experience), bachelor honours degree, graduate certificate or graduate diploma.
International37200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37200 AUD per year during 24 months.
National23100 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23100 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Perth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.