The food industry is one of the largest in the world. Its growth, particularly into the export market, requires a high level of technology as well as professionally trained individuals to apply that technology.
The postgraduate Food Science and Technology courses from Curtin University in this discipline can offer diverse and challenging careers.
What you'll learn
- Apply and integrate the principles and practices of food sciences and technology to the production, preservation and distribution of safe and healthy food
- Apply logical and rational processes to critically analyse issues relevant to food; think creatively to generate innovative solutions
- Access, critically evaluate and synthesise information from a wide range of resources using appropriate technologies
- Use oral and written communication effectively to scientific and non-scientific audiences
- Use appropriate technologies effectively, recognising their advantages and limitations
- Engage in self-directed learning and reflective practice habitually
- Recognise and apply international standards and practices within the discipline
- Value cultural diversity and recognise the impact of culture on food preferences and usage
- Exhibit professional behaviour and skills when working independently and collaboratively. Behave in an ethical manner
More informationVisit official programme website
- Advanced Food Chemistry
- Advanced Food Engineering
- Epidemiology and Evidence
- Food Product Development
- Food Laboratory
- Food Safety and Hygiene
- Quantitative Methods
- Advanced Food Processing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Food Sciences View 10 other Masters in Food Sciences in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 064466C
- A bachelor degree in an appropriate field or equivalent. You usually require a bachelor degree or advanced diploma but, in certain cases, relevant work experience may be recognised.
International37200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 37200 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National22800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22800 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.