The Religious Studies and Education certificate is offered by Harvard University.
Key learning outcomes:
- Navigate and analyze the historical relationship between religion and public education in the United States, as well as contemporary views regarding the nature and purpose of public education and the roles of religion.
- Apply an interdisciplinary, multicultural, and critical theory methodology to the study of religion from a nonsectarian perspective.
- Develop lesson and unit plans for a wide range of educational settings.
- Understand the historical origins, central teachings, devotional practices, and social/political influences of discrete religious traditions.
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Completefive certificate courses for graduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
The professional graduate certificate in Religious Studies and Education requires five courses:
- RELI E-1505 Religion, Education, and Democracy (required course)
- RELI E-2000 Methods in Religious Studies and Education (required course)
- Electives (choose any three courses from select group)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 585 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
No application is required. You simply register for graduate courses during our fall, spring, or summer registration periods.
International7250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National7250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
- the average cost;
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.