The Religious Studies and Education certificate is offered by Harvard University.Key learning outcomes:
- Navigate and analyze the historical relationship between religion and public education in the United States, as well as contemporary views regarding the nature and purpose of public education and the roles of religion.
- Apply an interdisciplinary, multicultural, and critical theory methodology to the study of religion from a nonsectarian perspective.
- Develop lesson and unit plans for a wide range of educational settings.
- Understand the historical origins, central teachings, devotional practices, and social/political influences of discrete religious traditions.
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Completefive certificate courses for graduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
More informationVisit official programme website
This certificate requires five courses:
- Religion, Education, and Democracy (required course)
- Methods in Religious Studies and Education (required course)
- Electives (choose any three courses from select group)
- Exhibiting and Collecting Islamic Art: Toward a Critical History
- History of Western Christianity, 100-1100
- History of Western Christianity, 1100-1500
- The Empire Strikes Back: Science Fiction, Religion, and Society
- Bodies and Sexualities in the Medieval Middle East: Medical, Cultural, and Religious Views
- Buddhism and Japanese Artistic Traditions
- Motherhood in Religion and Myth
- World Religions
- Religion, the Arts, and Social Change
- Religious Dimensions in Human Experience: Myth, Methods, Apocalypse, and Understanding the Sacred Good.
For more information please visit our website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 703 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
No application is required. You simply register for graduate courses during our fall, spring, or summer registration periods.
International7100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14200 USD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
National7100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14200 USD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- the average cost;
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.