The focus of the specialty is on the delivery of primary care to the individual including health promotion, disease prevention, and disease management activities to support healthy lives.
The core competencies emphasize teaching/coaching, consultation and evidence based practice. Graduates of this concentration are prepared for eligibility to apply for the AGNP Primary Care certification examination prepared by an approved national organization as accepted by the Board of Registration in Nursing and apply to practice in the expanded role in Connecticut or other states based on regulatory guidelines.
- The purpose of the Nursing (Adult Gerontological Primary Care Nurse Practitioner) program at University of Connecticut is to prepare advanced practice nurses with specialized knowledge, skills and values. Graduates assume leadership roles in the health care system and advance practice and the discipline of nursing by applying existing nursing knowledge and using a spirit of inquiry to examine and test nursing knowledge.
- Advanced Health Assessment Across the Lifespan
- Advanced Pathophysiology: Concepts for Advanced
- Nursing Practice Across the Lifespan
- Statistical Methods in Health Sciences Research 3 Credits
- Nursing Science and Patterns of Knowing in Advanced Nursing Practice
- Advanced Pharmacodynamics and Implications for Nursing
- Health Promotion, Prevention, and Common Health Problems in APN Practice
- APN Clinical Practicum
- Common and Chronic Health Problems in APN Practice II
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
International students may enroll if they are currently in the U.S. in another visa status that permits foreign nationals to engage in school enrollment.
DisciplinesNursing Gerontology View 406 other Masters in Nursing in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You must hold a baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from a regionally accredited college or university.The Graduate School does not require a third-party credential evaluation, however we accept evaluations from the following services:
- NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) or
- AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluators)
If your degree is a 3 year bachelor’s degree from India, Canada, Australia, Sri Lanka or certain other countries, we will not consider the degree to be equivalent with a 4 year US bachelor’s degree. Even if the degree has been evaluated as a 4 year degree by an outside credential evaluator that is a member of NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) or AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluators), we will not consider the degree to be equivalent with a 4 year US bachelor’s degree.TranscriptsPersonal Statement of Purpose
International20812 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 925 USD per credit during 24 months.
National20812 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 925 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State20812 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 925 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.