- Areas of research focus in this Molecular and Cell Biology (Genetics and Genomics) program offered by University of Connecticut include: bioinformatics, chromosome structure and function, comparative genomics and genome evolution, developmental genetics, molecular evolution, sex chromosome function and evolution, control of transcription, modulation of noncoding RNAs, human genomics, animal models for genome biology, centromere biology, epigenetics and the regulation of genome expression.
- Genetic Engineering & Functional Genomics
- Laboratory Techniques in Functional Genomics
- Theory and Practice of Forensic Identification Methods
- Theory and Practice of High Throughput Sequence Analysis
- Molecular Genetic Approaches to Developing Systems
- Genome Dynamics and Epigenetics
- Molecular Genetics
- Problems in the Genetics of Eukaryotes
- Molecular Aspects of Genetics
- Computer Methods in Molecular Evolution
- Genetics, Development and Evolution
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Bioinformatics Genetics View 1267 other Masters in Biology in United States
You must hold a baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from a regionally accredited college or university.The Graduate School does not require a third-party credential evaluation, however we accept evaluations from the following services:
- NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) or
- AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluators)
If your degree is a 3 year bachelor’s degree from India, Canada, Australia, Sri Lanka or certain other countries, we will not consider the degree to be equivalent with a 4 year US bachelor’s degree. Even if the degree has been evaluated as a 4 year degree by an outside credential evaluator that is a member of NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) or AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluators), we will not consider the degree to be equivalent with a 4 year US bachelor’s degree.TranscriptsPersonal Statement of Purpose
International26304 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13152 USD per semester during 24 months.
National26304 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13152 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State11688 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5844 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Storrs
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.