Dietetics involves the study of those medical aspects of disease which have a dietary component in prevention or treatment. It is concerned with the science and art of providing medical nutrition therapy and public health nutrition programs for individuals and groups differing widely in economic, social, psychological and physiological conditions.
By taking the Dietetics course from Curtin University you will also complete an independent research project in an area relevant to nutrition and dietetics.
You may find employment as a member of a health team in hospitals, community or public health, food service, the food industry, sporting groups, research teams and private practice. Dietitians also work in food service and the food industry, research teams and private practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Dietetic and Food Service Management
- Pathophysiology for Dietetics
- Interpersonal Skills and Counselling Principles
- Dietetic Research Methods
- Dietetic Professional Studies
- Advanced Public Health Nutrition Practice
- Nutrition and Dietetics Research Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Administration Health Sciences View 355 other Masters in Health Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 079872K
Entry is competitive and a high course weighted average (CWA) is required (65% or more).
- An equivalent undergraduate degree needs to meet the Dietitians Association of Australia (DAA) requirements for entry to a graduate entry master. These specify that 50% of each of the first and second years of undergraduate study must be composed of bioscience, chemistry, physiology and biochemistry, as outlined in the Manual for Accreditation of Dietetic Education Programs.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International37400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37400 AUD per year during 24 months.
National23400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23400 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Perth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.