The accredited Master of Architecture from Curtin University, when combined with relevant professional experience and successful completion of the Architectural Practice Examination, fulfils one of the pathways to register as an architect in Australia.
In the Master of Architecture, you will study architectural history, theory, research, management and law, and undertake professional practice.
This is a hands-on course that combines the understandings of design, science, technology, history and culture to ensure you graduate with a well-rounded set of skills. You’ll also undertake a major self-directed architectural thesis project in a specialised area of interest, to demonstrate research skills and gain practical experience.
Students who complete the master degree to a high standard can apply for doctoral-level studies.
- Excellent facilities and equipment for studio and computer work.
- This course is a fusion of design, science, technology, history, culture and professional studies to produce imaginative, well-rounded and competent architectural graduates.
The future of architecture
Architecture has an increasing focus on sustainable design. Architects are required to think creatively about our built environment, and to apply critical thinking in digital design and technology.
Building information modelling (BIM), resilient architecture and community projects inform Curtin staff and student work, enabling graduates to address the future needs of the human experience in the built environment.
- Interior design
- Urban and regional planning
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Architecture and Culture Research Applications
- Complex Buildings Research Studio
- Complex Buildings Research Methods
- Architectural Professional Practice
- Architectural Thesis Preparation
- Integrated Buildings Research Methods
- Integrated Buildings Research Studio
- Architectural Thesis Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArchitecture Landscape Architecture View 49 other Masters in Architecture in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 058728C
- You must have a bachelor degree in architecture from a recognised institution. Entry to the course is competitive and academic achievement in the final two semesters of undergraduate study, or equivalent, is considered. A folio submission may also be required.
International33300 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33300 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.