The Applied Design and Art program from Curtin University suit applicants with qualifications in design and art, as well as those with knowledge and expertise in other disciplines.
We offer a Graduate Certificate in Design and Art and a Master of Applied Design and Art. Because the first four units are common to both courses, you can enrol in the master degree and choose to exit at the graduate certificate level.
You will be given the opportunity to refine your specialisation by collaborating with students in disciplines such as art, film & TV, multimedia, Internet studies and interior architecture.
The quality of practical industry skills you will gain are recognised by professional associations such as the Design Institute of Australia.
You will be encouraged to present your work through participation in industry-based competitions and events.
The future of design and art
- Technology and multidisciplinary collaboration will increasingly impact design and artistic practice. While traditional careers will remain relevant, there will be demand for artists and designers across all media to work with scientists, engineers and medical experts to create immersive virtual realities for knowledge dissemination and artistic exploration.
- Architecture and interior design
- Entertainment and gaming
- Film and television
- Creative arts
- Media, communications and publishing
- Advertising and marketing
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What you'll learn
- Apply knowledge and skills to demonstrate autonomy, judgement and responsibility in complex and unpredictable contexts that require self directed work and learning
- Apply cognitive skills using intellectual independence to think critically, creatively and to reflect on professional theory and practice
- Communicate textually, visually and verbally in a way that is appropriate to creative practice and target audiences, using appropriate technologies that demonstrate the application of comprehensive technical methodologies
- Take responsibility for professional and scholarly outputs in all aspects of the work, while thinking globally and considering issues from a range of perspectives. Know and apply when appropriate, international standards and practices within Design and Art disciplines
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts View 76 other Masters in Design in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 084803C
- Applicants applying for enrolment in semester one require a Bachelor degree or equivalent from a recognised tertiary institution. Applicants with a Bachelor degree, or equivalent, or a Graduate Certificate, from a recognised tertiary institution in the field of art and/or design are advised to apply for semester two enrolment with credit for recognised learning (CRL).
- Applicants without a Bachelor degree may be considered for entry on the basis of substantial industry/work experience in the field of art and/or design and are required to submit a folio of recent work, CV and project proposal with their application.
- A portfolio should include approximately 5 to 10 samples of work that showcase your skills in art and/or design (you may include work from a variety of disciplines such as illustration, photography, painting and graphic design, or just focus on one area of interest).
International29600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29600 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Perth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.